Whether you are a business interested in starting a location in Calais, a new business looking to find that first place of your own, or a business that needs help expanding, the City Building is the place to start.
Calais is the retail and service center for eastern Washington County and much of Charlotte County, New Brunswick, and has expanded steadily in the last few years. Businesses come to Calais because of our infrastructure, proximity to the Maritime Provinces of Canada, and workforce. To assist businesses with the process of locating in Calais, we have staff with years of experience in economic development.
We will walk you through the steps needed to accomplish your objectives, whether it be site search and evaluation, permitting, or assistance in finding business counseling to help you grow and strengthen your business.
Primary Services offered by our staff include:
- Site search assistance and evaluation of locations
- Assistance with business counseling and identification of partner resources to help you grow and strengthen your business
- Business attraction through marketing and promotional efforts
- Coordination with other City departments to resolve any issues affecting your business
- Administration of City incentives, including Economic Development Loan Fund, municipal tax increment financing (TIF) and the State’s Community Development Block Grant Business Assistance Program
Contacting the Economic Development Director is the first step in your business project, and let us help you be part of the exciting future in Calais!
Laurel Perkins, Economic Development Director, 11 Church Street, Calais, ME 04619 Phone 207-214-5926 or email at email@example.com.